I am a photographer based in the Carlisle, UK. My photographic practice focuses on the portrayal of the disabled. As a disabled photographer, I believe that the perception of the disabled community needs improvement – which is what my photography aims to do. I am currently in the final year of BA (Hons) Photography at the University of Cumbria, where I have honed my skills in both digital and film photography. I am practiced at public speaking, often giving talks and demonstrations to a range of audiences on a variety of topics.
- University of Cumbria: (2014 – Present) BA (Hons) Photography.
- Trinity School Sixth Form: (2012 – 2014) Four A Levels A*-C including Photography and Art.
- Richard Rose Central Academy: (2007 – 2012) 13 GCSE’s A-C including Photography, Art and English.
Employment and Experience
- I Stand OUT: (2014 – Present) working as a photographer in a busy nightclub environment selling handmade keyrings. The job requires fast thinking, initiative and computer/camera skills.
- Freelance Photographer: (2014 – Present) working on a commission based contracts, photographing weddings, events and retail interior. The commissions work requires me to be adaptable according to the situation. The commission work has been undertaken both with other photographer and solo.
- 18th Carlisle Scout Group: (2010 – Present) As an Assistant Cub Scout Leader, I am required to lead and support activities that enhance the lives of the young people in our care. I have gained leadership skills, communication skills and organizational skills from my role with the scouting organization.
- Cumbria’s Museum of Military Life: (2016) I volunteered at the museum, initially using photography to help upkeep the records. I also lead and supported school groups on trips to the museum.
- Prism Arts: (2016) Working as a volunteer to support young adults with learning disabilities to express themselves through art and theatre.
- Eden Valley Camera Club: (2017) I gave a talk based on my photographic projects and practice.
- Exploring in the lake district
- Working with people to achieve goals
- Photographic and Art theory
(Contact details available on request)